We provide training plans, qualifications and support tailored to your specific business needs.
- Environmental control systems
- Air conditioning and heating systems
- Specialist ventilation and fluid conveyancing systems
- Non-potable water systems
- Medical and laboratory gas systems.
This qualification has been developed by leading New Zealand mechanical building service specialists to equip staff with the skills and knowledge to work productively and safely.
With technology and automation rapidly driving change in the mechanical building services sector, this qualification is designed with the future in mind so your people can respond and adapt to change.
Most of the learning is practical work completed on-the-job. Apprentices are also required to complete eLearning via our online learning platform Canvas, and attend block courses for two to three weeks each year.
All graduates will be able to:
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and workplace safety culture
- Interpret drawings and specifications and use the appropriate materials, processes, tools and equipment for the task
- Apply knowledge of sustainability and the refrigeration cycle as they relate to the building services industry and the significance of refrigerants to the industry and the environment
- Apply trade engineering skills and knowledge to plan, fabricate, assemble, install, test and maintain a range of mechanical building services plant and systems
- Commission basic installations and work with specialists in the commissioning of the full range of complex mechanical building services plant and systems.
- Use effective and efficient processes, principles and quality systems to
- produce components and provide mechanical building services
- Communicate effectively within a team and the wider workplace
- Recognise the limits of their own ability and the importance of working with integrity and maintaining currency in the mechanical building services field.